Omar_horn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2020
I think you probably have high nitrites which makes it tough for them to breathe, need some stability/prime for now and a test kit to confirm. It won’t smell like ammonia and your water can still be clear
Added ph,ammonia,chlorine stabiliser medicine still the same condition after 8 hours

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
you using the liquid api test kit? what are all your readings?

Potato Patatto

Aimara
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2020
Can you be more specific with the medicine? It’s very difficult to know your problem without tests or bringing a water sample to your lfs. And it’s a lot more difficult to solve that problem.

Sounds like you did a fin level water change (90%)? I’m not an expert but I think that means you’ll be starting a cycle over again so you’ll still need something like prime/stability to get you through the next leg. I’d say your fish is extremely stressed but you really need those tests done to really know what’s wrong. I can’t really recommend anything else unless you have a spare tank running in the meantime.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Omar_horn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2020
Can you be more specific with the medicine? It’s very difficult to know your problem without tests or bringing a water sample to your lfs. And it’s a lot more difficult to solve that problem.

Sounds like you did a fin level water change (90%)? I’m not an expert but I think that means you’ll be starting a cycle over again so you’ll still need something like prime/stability to get you through the next leg. I’d say your fish is extremely stressed but you really need those tests done to really know what’s wrong. I can’t really recommend anything else unless you have a spare tank running in the meantime.
I am really sorry for not being specific here because I am really worried about my flowerhorns i can't even think properly.
pH of the water is 6.10

Omar_horn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2020

Yes 90% water change and added stabiliser aswell

Omar_horn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2020

Yes i have a spare tank

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store