please help me build my first predator tank

gmwJOY

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2019
Indian > west bengal > kolkata
hi i am joy banerjee, from India Kolkata, 27+ year old male,

i have money but i don't have enough space for a really big monster tank, but i really want my own predator tank, in a small tank

tank details is- Fish Tank Length in Inches: 44 Fish Tank Width in Inches: 24 Fish Tank Height in Inches: 18 , Aquarium volume is: 82.29 US Gallons, 68.55 UK Gallons, 311.13 Liters.

please suggest me 5 pure predator fish that i can keep in this tank for life time, but fish should be readily available all over the world and or anywhere in the world.

because the problem is here in India where i live , somany cool fish is not available , like hujeta gar, exodon tetra, pink tail chalceus , african leaf fish and butterfly fish like these fish are not available..

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
won't it be easier if you list what fish does your country have?

you have money but likely not enough, if not, you will have the space too :redface:

gmwJOY

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2019
won't it be easier if you list what fish does your country have?

you have money but likely not enough, if not, you will have the space too :redface:
yes great one, i understand, yes i have money to buy fish and a tank but not enough to buy a house to place the tank,
it is not easy for me to list what fish is available here, i just name some fish i like to keep but not available here.

GermanDude

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2014
Berlin
Hi,

Albino senegal bichirs, don't grow that big.
44 inches are a little short for the bichirs, but I think doable, when you can get a pair, and the width of the tank is good.

Another option might be two smaller pairs of central american cichlids, like Cryptoheros, Amatitlania , Herotilapia.

Or go for one bigger pair, like Thorichthys aureus or Thorichthys maculipinnis?
Very beautiful fish!

Or what about some blue gularis?
Looking nice with some orange chromides.

Don't know if they can be purchased worldwide, but when money is no problem, why don't you order online?

gmwJOY

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2019
i was thinking about predator haps , but then i thought,
ok , i have 12 tank running right now, african cichlids- malawi mbunas, pet flowerhorn, red jewel tank, firemouth tank, 4 planted tank , and one for endangered species putinas denisonii (denisonii barb, origin India, kerala), and others general community fish tank

GermanDude

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2014
Berlin
So I have never been to India, but know there are local fish stores, can't the vendors order for you?
So you don't have the risk of dead or sick fish on arrival.
Or they should have some stocking lists, where you can pick some fish of your interest.
Do you like channa?
A pair of Channa pulchra would be a nice tank.
There are a lot of channas living in southern and southeast asia.

GermanDude

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2014
Berlin
More haplike....zebra obliquidens?
Ok, it is an insectivore, but has a simililar body shape, nicely colored too, and would fit your tank :)

gmwJOY

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2019
not all type of channas are available , yes yes channa are available, i like channa but they are not my fav, and also i like community type tank, i know i know what tank i have is not good for any predator community, that's why i am here, discussing what fishes i can put in it

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store