Please help with my 2”Flowerhorn not earing pellets

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
Thanks for reply, I bought it nearly two weeks now but the colour still dark.
As Magnus_Bane Magnus_Bane said, it seems like a black kamfa. For food stick to quality brands like northfin if you can get it in UK or stick to hikari.

Coggire

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2016
United Kingdom
What is black kamfa? Is it more desirable than a regular kamfa or its a fault that it doesn’t have different colours? Just want to know as I had flowerhorns before but stopped due to house move. Just started again a month ago and there are new strains that came out. Thanks

DF7DDB86-02CF-422C-895D-5A484D93953F.jpeg

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
What is black kamfa? Is it more desirable than a regular kamfa or its a fault that it doesn’t have different colours? Just want to know as I had flowerhorns before but stopped due to house move. Just started again a month ago and there are new strains that came out. Thanks

View attachment 1436180
Black kamfas are just bred to be darker in color. Most ppl focus on making the flowerline, the line that cuts the FH down the middle, and making it bigger and bolder to give the FH the appearance of being black. Also the double flowerline trait is often bred into these black kamfas to emphasize the black color even more. A double flowerline is just a secondary flowerline that appears on its back just below it's dorsal fin but above the first flowerline. Yours seems to have a double flowerline along with significantly brighter pearls that contrast with the darker colors making them seem darker then they actually are. Honestly for a black kamfa, the one you got is one of the higher quality ones due to these traits.

Reactions: Ruturaj

Coggire

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2016
United Kingdom
Black kamfas are just bred to be darker in color. Most ppl focus on making the flowerline, the line that cuts the FH down the middle, and making it bigger and bolder to give the FH the appearance of being black. Also the double flowerline trait is often bred into these black kamfas to emphasize the black color even more. A double flowerline is just a secondary flowerline that appears on its back just below it's dorsal fin but above the first flowerline. Yours seems to have a double flowerline along with significantly brighter pearls that contrast with the darker colors making them seem darker then they actually are. Honestly for a black kamfa, the one you got is one of the higher quality ones due to these traits.
Thanks for the explanation, really appreciate it.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

dannyboyzz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2020
Nice looking fellow.
Mine is looking similar to yours. Typically, how often yoy feed him and how many pellets?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store