Please help with my 2”Flowerhorn not earing pellets

Coggire

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2016
United Kingdom
Nice looking fellow.
Mine is looking similar to yours. Typically, how often yoy feed him and how many pellets?
He is only less than 3 inches. I feed him twice a day due to my work. I feed him hikari gold baby pellets and some feeze dried gammarus once a week. I only had him for nearly 3 weeks now. Could you post a picture? Thanks

Man-made Monsters

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2016
He is not a black Kamfa. The black color you were seeing was him being stressed. Now he is settling in and his true colors are beginning to show. If those black colors come back you could add a light colored substrate/stone. Your tank has a lot of black. Both on the divider, and on your tanks background. This can often make flowerhorns turn gray or black. I have a black painted background on my tank, but I use river rock that is different tan colors to brighten the environment and help the colors of my Flowerhorn.

Coggire

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2016
United Kingdom
He is not a black Kamfa. The black color you were seeing was him being stressed. Now he is settling in and his true colors are beginning to show. If those black colors come back you could add a light colored substrate/stone. Your tank has a lot of black. Both on the divider, and on your tanks background. This can often make flowerhorns turn gray or black. I have a black painted background on my tank, but I use river rock that is different tan colors to brighten the environment and help the colors of my Flowerhorn.
Thanks, will transfer him to his own tank soon and make his background lighter in colour.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store