Please suggest for feeding Arowana

deradlerskartal

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2011
Ankara / Turkey
Hey,

I have an Asian Arowana almost 8-9" with some other carnivorous fish; motoro / datnoides / endlich bicher etc. Generally I prefer frozen shrimp (80% of all feeding) + Tropical Carnivor pellets+ chicken (rarely ~5%) but in my country, frozen shrimp prices are high in winter season so I should find spare meat resources. I reed an article about arowana feed list that has a remark about "prefer fat-free fish meat". So, I want to try atlantik bonito (Sarda sarda) that is so popular and cheap in my country;

almost no fat;

http://img.21food.com/20110609/product/1211515520875.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_bonito

What do you think about feeding arros with this fish? Do you have a recommendation about alternative fish meat for Arowanas? All saltwater fish are banned?

Regards..

Last edited:

deradlerskartal

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2011
Ankara / Turkey
Is tilapia available to you? It's usually cheap and arowanas seem to like it. Also try scallops.
ty for information. I think I can get tilapia, not all season but partially I can get. Are the scallps sea creature such as mussel? They are feeding like filter of water - I heard that they inludes heavy metal because of feed style? Am I right?

Justin Martin

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2018
ty for information. I think I can get tilapia, not all season but partially I can get. Are the scallps sea creature such as mussel? They are feeding like filter of water - I heard that they inludes heavy metal because of feed style? Am I right?
Yes

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
I have similar combination in my tank except the rays are kept separately

Beside frozen shrimp, I feed mussels and live baby frogs. 1 datnoid and 1 bichir like a pellets though

Reactions: deradlerskartal

Audeze

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2018
Beijing, China
I give my golden aro are a centipede, cricket, cockroaches but now in China almost winter, it's kinda hard to find that thing, so if I cannot find that I feed them with chicken, frozen shrimp or goldfish (only if I have to leave the house for a business trip).

Reactions: deradlerskartal
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store