Pls help, my flowerhorn scraped his head

tusharshirgaonkar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2021
My flowerhorn scraped his head over a month ago this is his photo from thenIMG_20210331_110710.jpg
But a week ago, his condition worsened. His head region got black and stressed marks keeps appearing on his body. This is him now. IMG_20210508_111721.jpg
He hasn't eaten anything since last week. Some slime type substance surrounds him everyday. I keep changing 50% water daily, gave him epsom salt bath two days ago. I add salt in his tank, removed carbon filter, kept the water at 80°F but still no use. My tank is 3ft long, he just keeps swimming from one end to other, can't see what's infront of him. Pls help me saving him?

Sorry for the tank condition, this pic was taken in the morning and it's been cleaned last night.

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
What did he scrape it on also looks like it’s possibly infected but not sure, the slime he’s producing is a kind of temporary cocoon he’ll produce it about his body to help protect from bacteria getting to him while he’s vulnerable also produces it from stress

Reactions: Tj203

tusharshirgaonkar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2021
What did he scrape it on also looks like it’s possibly infected but not sure, the slime he’s producing is a kind of temporary cocoon he’ll produce it about his body to help protect from bacteria getting to him while he’s vulnerable also produces it from stress
He got scraped by the top glass.
Pls suggest se medicines to help him!

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Is try some triple sulfa and dab the area with methylene blue. Keep nitrates less than 20ppm.

Reactions: Bbuckley

tusharshirgaonkar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2021
Is try some triple sulfa and dab the area with methylene blue. Keep nitrates less than 20ppm.
Tri sulfa isn't available in local pet stores around me, and if I order it online it will take a week to get delivered.

Pls suggest an substitute for it!

Tj203

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2019
What did he scrape it on that looks like it's been happening for a while And looks more like an infection then a scrape. It looks like the scales were worn off like with sandpaper not like you scraped up against a rock in rip them off

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Tri sulfa isn't available in local pet stores around me, and if I order it online it will take a week to get delivered.

Pls suggest an substitute for it!
Try maracyn2.

tusharshirgaonkar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2021
He comes back to the surface again and again and has a hard time swimming down. Should I assume this might be because of swim bladder disease!?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store