Plz help my arowana is sick

Ritesh

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2021
It's a bare bottom. No decorations so there isn't much surface area.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
that rapid drop in water quality & pH are kind'a odd - what kind of decorations do you have in there? Any pottery? Metal? Bone?
It's not so odd actually. The biological processes will affect the ph of the tank making the water more acidic. Depending on gh and kh the resulting effect could be greater or lesser. Sounds like he has low kh allowing a greater drop in pH. Simply adding a bag of crushed coral in the filter or to the bottom of the tank would help to stabilize the ph. How much crushed coral to add would depend on how low the kh is to begin with. Start small and add more until the ph issues stop or slow dramatically. I'd say a pound more or less would probably help dramatically.

Ritesh

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2021
It's not so odd actually. The biological processes will affect the ph of the tank making the water more acidic. Depending on gh and kh the resulting effect could be greater or lesser. Sounds like he has low kh allowing a greater drop in pH. Simply adding a bag of crushed coral in the filter or to the bottom of the tank would help to stabilize the ph. How much crushed coral to add would depend on how low the kh is to begin with. Start small and add more until the ph issues stop or slow dramatically. I'd say a pound more or less would probably help dramatically.
I'll try that if ph drops again. For now ph is stable and fish is alright. Thx

Richard203

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2016
ya crushed coral helps me up my ph on my tank. My tank water usually at 6.5 but my tap water iis like 7.5-8ph so now im adding crushed coral bit by bit to go up to mybe 7.3 or 7.4 range.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store