Polypterus in a 75 gallon tank?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Yea...you might be pushing the bioload. Keep the Tiger barbs and see what happens. Should be ok as long as everyone's fed.

Reactions: CichlidAddict4

CichlidAddict4

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2015
Yea...you might be pushing the bioload. Keep the Tiger barbs and see what happens. Should be ok as long as everyone's fed.
Okay, Thanks for the effort answering my queries. I will post a photo of my tank as soon as I get these species.

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
I see, I'm planning this 2-4 Polypterus(Delhezi and Senegalus) and 1 Red severum and a schooling fish which I'm aiming for tiger barbs. Good plan or bad?
I would be careful with tiger barbs. I had a school of them a few years back and they were some annoying little guys. Anything that wouldn't fight back would get picked on at some point. If you do decide to get them I would be careful and watch out for any aggression towards the polys or sevrum.

CichlidAddict4

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2015
I would be careful with tiger barbs. I had a school of them a few years back and they were some annoying little guys. Anything that wouldn't fight back would get picked on at some point. If you do decide to get them I would be careful and watch out for any aggression towards the polys or sevrum.
Noted. Thanks! :)

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
My son had some mollies in his tank that i ended up putting in the tank with polys. They were pretty big...next morning all were gone andy del looked like he would explode.

Sevs get thick using the length of the fish could be misleading just test your water frequently and adjust your water changes. Poor water quality could lead to hith. I wouldnt do a dither. Tank may look empty now but that sev and polys will fill it soon enough

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store