POMACEA BRIDGESII I want to get them what is your experience

Cowturtle

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 2, 2016
Cincinnati
thanks! I am a bit confused, I read form you post that these are plant safe and the next post by FJB says they aren’t plant safe. Can you please confirm is it a typo or these are plant safe?
I’ve had no issues with them in planted tanks in the past. But I’d wait for more responses. They will happily eat rotting plants. I kept them with easy plants like anubias, Java fern and lots of mosses.

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
thanks! I am a bit confused, I read form you post that these are plant safe and the next post by FJB says they aren’t plant safe. Can you please confirm is it a typo or these are plant safe?
They are plant safe and don’t reproduce out of control. Much slower breeding than regular pond snails or ramshorn since bridgesi are not hermaphrodites like the others. Meaning, they need to mate with the opposite gender to lay eggs.

They are good food for puffers and loaches when small but the large ones are too big for dwarf puffers

professorjimjam

Dovii
MFK Member
May 26, 2021
They are plant safe and don’t reproduce out of control. Much slower breeding than regular pond snails or ramshorn since bridgesi are not hermaphrodites like the others. Meaning, they need to mate with the opposite gender to lay eggs.

They are good food for puffers and loaches when small but the large ones are too big for dwarf puffers
Thank you very much

professorjimjam

Dovii
MFK Member
May 26, 2021
I got 20 of these snails today and as soon as they landed to my fish tank. The assassin snails started attacking them even though these snails are 10 times bigger than the Assasin snails. I am not sure if the Assasin would be able to eat the entire flesh from the giant shell of the mystery snails.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store