Poor Chevette

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Poor Chevette continues to be attacked by stereotypes. Last month I got a notice(Home owners association) about it being parked in the street because it was inoperable vehicle and it needed to be moved to the driveway. I wrote them a semi nasty note telling them it runs just fine and is 100% street legal.

Today in the mail I got another notice saying the inoperable vehicle needed to be moved to the garage. I was pissed and got on the phone with them. They tried to tell me my tags were out of date. I was like no ma'am. My inspection is due next month and registration at the end of this month which I already updated.

The truth of the matter is they just don't like the car

20141010_143534.jpg

20141010_143534.jpg

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
To Hell with HOA's.

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
include a copy of the insurance and registration and don't let the car sit in one place too long.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
include a copy of the insurance and registration and don't let the car sit in one place too long.
I'm in the habit now of parking it differently everytime I drive it. It was barely where it was a week(I was sick all last week else it would have been a shorter time). Those idiots know it's been moved around.

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
I'm in the habit now of parking it differently everytime I drive it. It was barely where it was a week(I was sick all last week else it would have been a shorter time). Those idiots know it's been moved around.
lol, yea, they have it out for your Chevette. Keep everything legit, and and park freely!

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Finally gave the Vette it's first oil change. Yes, I've had it a few years. It did leak oil fast enough at first that I added oil a couple times. I doubt I've put 500 miles on it since I've owned it. I planned on doing it before winter but missed my chance.

The oil was still clear on the dipstick.

I figured since I been driving it more often as of late, I needed to get this out of the way.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
So have you cleared things up with the HOA nazis?

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
So have you cleared things up with the HOA nazis?
I thought so... however today, as we speak, when I was changing the oil they drove by and stopped in front of my driveway( maybe to take pics of me working on 'my non-running car' ). I ignored them and kept on working.

Of course they don't do follow up to see it in the street a few hours later.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store