Possibly... BD hybrid girl...

MariaS

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2015
South Africa
Take a look at the paddle of the tail. It flattens out and is elongated. That would indicate henlei blood somewhere back in the liniage. The size of the spots and colors around it can be hit or miss as they vary from pup to pup, amongst the same litter even with pure blood. I start with the tail as that saves me some time in most cases. Beautiful hybrid Maria.
Thanks JK47 JK47 .... I see what you mean about the tail.... interesting.. will keep that in mind too.
So many things to learn.. my note book grows daily!!!

Maria that's one nice stingray! I would buy her in a seconds chance, without hesitation. If they said it's a hybrid, it likely is. Usually we see the opposite, people selling hybrids as pure in attempt for more money. Since it sounds like you got a fair price, I think you should be very pleased. We can speculate about genetics all day, I think whatever the combination is, I am a big fan!
Thanks for the kind words.. coming from you with all your stunning rays...it means a lot.
We very excited to see how she turns out.
Yes... we paid half of what i paid for my Black Diamond girl so.. it was a good catch we were lucky there...
The reason why we like to try and have an idea of what the genetics might be is for future should we be lucky enough to breed with her.
It is always nice if you have an idea of what you doing but in our case obviously a bit difficult...

Reactions: Dieselhybrid

Mason357

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2019
Take a look at the paddle of the tail. It flattens out and is elongated. That would indicate henlei blood somewhere back in the liniage. The size of the spots and colors around it can be hit or miss as they vary from pup to pup, amongst the same litter even with pure blood. I start with the tail as that saves me some time in most cases. Beautiful hybrid Maria.
JK any picture references with flattened and elongated tails please. N tail colors. What else signs show hybrids?

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
MariaS MariaS hows this girl developed?

Mason357

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2019
You mean like this picture? One is a BD and the other is hybrid ?

20190406_140806.jpg

Reactions: cigars
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store