Post all your SHOVEL NOSE CATS HERE!!!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Welcome to MFK.

Wednesday is right on the ID. He is asking for pics to be polite, I think. It is plain to see that it is a regular TSN, not the hybrid. While small, all TSN babies have that lateral white stripe. The stores rarely care about precise labeling. Too many fish, too little time, too little care, too small a salary, too much indifference, too much ignorance, etc. :)
Great post and about the SN that ate a 14 inch azul....just wow.

Callie Bowman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2015
Welcome to MFK.

Wednesday is right on the ID. He is asking for pics to be polite, I think. It is plain to see that it is a regular TSN, not the hybrid. While small, all TSN babies have that lateral white stripe. The stores rarely care about precise labeling. Too many fish, too little time, too little care, too small a salary, too much indifference, too much ignorance, etc. :)
Well I just posted him as what the pet store told me he was.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Understood. I was only trying to explain why the pet stores misidentify a substantial portion of their fish ... but really all you needed to know was that it is one of the TSN species, most likely a Pseudoplatystoma fasciatum. Not hybrid.

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Nice cat. My 30" jau feasted on a 12" azul too just days ago. Bummer.
thats pretty ironic my friend...seems like that time of year sadly...they must be fattening up for winter lol... and agreed, bummer to see any nice fish be consumed... but it happens, good meals for our cats on the flip side.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
I'd pen it down as enormously coincidental, albeit some argue vehemently that coincidences are just that, coincidences, no big ones or small ones :)

You better pray cichlid nuts, purists, animal cruelty activists are not reading our forum. We don't need cold shoulders over there ;)

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
I'd pen it down as enormously coincidental, albeit some argue vehemently that coincidences are just that, coincidences, no big ones or small ones :)

You better pray cichlid nuts, purists, animal cruelty activists are not reading our forum. We don't need cold shoulders over there ;)
downloadfile.jpeg
agreed...no need for cold shoulders, gotta stick 2 my roots tho :)

Last edited:

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Picture? It's own thread?
It was all unexpected. Too late for pics now. The jau you can see in the pics and videos in my "Video lounge forum" thread.

agreed...no need for cold shoulders, gotta stick 2 my roots tho :)
Your roots and "no cold shoulders" in the same sentence smells like an oxymoron :) this plant is overdue for a root ball trim and a replant ... but I have a weird feeling you like it that way :) ... just teasing.

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
It was all unexpected. Too late for pics now. The jau you can see in the pics and videos in my "Video lounge forum" thread.

Your roots and "no cold shoulders" in the same sentence smells like an oxymoron :) this plant is overdue for a root ball trim and a replant ... but I have a weird feeling you like it that way :) ... just teasing.
all in good fun...someones gotta keep it goin 2 inspire new blood. Ur doin a good job of that down south in ur aqua-sancturary :) .

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store