POST PICS OF YOUR FW SNAILS HERE.

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
Eoibio;2795637; said:
whatdoes LFBN mean?LOL
LFBN-long finned bristlenose pleco

This one is a girl. I have rotten luck searching for males.

Awsome snails.Love the assains.Would they eat fish and shrimp?
It is very rare for them to try eating fish and shrimps.

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
And I bought another assassin snail with 3 more on reservation.
Thanks for passing the snail disease, Rachel!

I've been feeding them baby canas since I ran out of pond snails and some MTS are still very small.

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
Hi all,

Here are my new set of pics.

Full Tank Shot
Still have to add the black background later hopefully. Sponge filter absorbed the white particles from the sand (and sand doesn't look black from the light).

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
Here are more pics.

One assassin roaming around the vals after I planted some vals there.

Another resting on the sand.

This one is partially buried in boredom probably.lol

Racing to the back.

Assassin floating on the surface which struck me odd. It's weird but he eventually sank to the bottom and scooted off to the back.

The floating assassin on the way.

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
Here are some of my newly acquired Chinese mystery snails (Cipangopaludina chinensis). I have 16 of them.:D All of them are wild caught.

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

Reactions: SnailGuru

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
A few pics of female cana caught laying eggs at 11PM. They are very discreet with their egg laying activity.

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 005.jpg

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
I forgot to upload the last pic of my Pomacea diffusa. Male at the left copulating with the female.

Picture.jpg

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
Assassins

Mystery Snail

MTS

New nerites coming soon!

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
Last night, I decided to grab several of my MTS and feed them to my assassin snails. I dropped all of them at once into the den and two assassins buried underneath appeared immediately and grabbed two at once.

There's another two still mating and the female didn't hesitate to crawl at a nearby MTS and attacked it while the male is still latching on it.:screwy:

Sixth assassin came into the scene...

...and grabbed the food of the fifth assassin. It gave up eventually and scooted off to find another after the fifth one refuses to budge.

The female who was mated earlier by the male, finished her first meal and went off to the fifth assassin's meal. She and her mate engaged the fifth into a tug-o-war.

It was rather frightening that the female is overpowering the fifth assassin and the fifth one eventually conceded defeat and scooted off to find another prey. It was eating a MTS similar in its size.

The 7th eating his own share by himself.

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
Here are some new pics of my new snails that arrived today.
Some have shell erosions but I understand their shells could have been damaged in the wild.

The mystery snails were not happy when I put the hair algae just for the new snails and scooted inside the breeder trap to get to the algae.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store