Post Your Puffer Pictures Here!

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
Been kind of wanting large african puffers lately ( MBU and Fahaka, respectively)
Im trying to see MFK members set up their puffer tank, if there are any tankmates that worked etc.. So if you own any puffer , Please post your pics here !

Not mine, but a nice MBU pic i found on photobucket

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
more pics please!!!

warren126

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
Atlanta Ga,
I just got him today my lfs did not really know what kind of puffer he is I think he is a Tetraodon mbu I also have a pignose

puffer 005 (Small).jpg

puffer 012 (Small).jpg

Big Fish 063 (Small).jpg

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
Nice puffers!!

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
warren126 said:
I just got him today my lfs did not really know what kind of puffer he is I think he is a Tetraodon mbu I also have a pignose
Sorry Bro, I don't think thats a Mbu!

It looks like you have yourself there a full-grown Green Spotted Puffer (T. Nigroviridis).. I am assuming he is in the 5-6" range? That is their maximum size, usually seldom seen! I dont think you will be needin that huge tank for him, as he won't get much bigger then that..

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
I've had a few puffers in my day.. Let me see if I can dig up the pics ;)

Heres some shots of him growing up.. The final photo is his new bare-bottom set-up which I enjoy cleaning now that he is dropping monster poops.. He has had tankmates since day 1, and the only casualty has been the trial and error with the polypterus and he ate 1 out of 5 of the XL tinfoil barbs that were schooling in with him.. Other then that, I have succesfully housed Severums, Tinfoil Barbs, African Cichlids, Pike Cichlids and a few other 'large bodied, semi-intelligent, fast moving fish' with him..

BabyFahaka.jpg

FahakaNPuffs.jpg

MyFish 006.jpg

MyFish 003.jpg

Remodel2 080.jpg

Remodel2 065.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store