Potential MBU setup

quasar

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
@qasar

I didnt realize you would consider a smaller puffer, I ordered two tetraodon schoutedenis, i have posted a few threads here about them, had them for over a month now and i like them a lot. Oliver from below water is in montreal, I suggest you contact him , he's the only person bringing in schoutedeni in Canada (that i know of) and his prices are pretty fair, i think.

http://www.belowwater.com/
No no i meant the Tetraodon Pustulatus lol.
I checked on the Spotted congo and its way too small.

quasar

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
@qasar

I didnt realize you would consider a smaller puffer, I ordered two tetraodon schoutedenis, i have posted a few threads here about them, had them for over a month now and i like them a lot. Oliver from below water is in montreal, I suggest you contact him , he's the only person bringing in schoutedeni in Canada (that i know of) and his prices are pretty fair, i think.

http://www.belowwater.com/
No no i meant the Tetraodon Pustulatus lol.
I checked on the Spotted congo and its way too small.

simko

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2015
Canada
regardless, oliver might be the best source for that puffer....ive also read those get to be similar size as fahaka and are aggressive..

quasar

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
regardless, oliver might be the best source for that puffer....ive also read those get to be similar size as fahaka and are aggressive..
Well luckily I live in Montreal and the LFS actually deals with Oliver directly :). So here's hoping he can get it. Once again this is all in speculation for next year, who knows what'll change.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
T. Schoutedeni (spotted congo puff) are similar to a gsp size and looks wise. Not close to the size of a fahaka or mbu. I don't know about their own kind, but I've seen them with other fish without incident. I've wanted one for awhile, but the ones I've found are a little too pricey imo.

I had a humpback that was really nice for a more lurker type and an avocado that was really nice/active, but teeth grew so fast.

quasar

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
T. Schoutedeni (spotted congo puff) are similar to a gsp size and looks wise. Not close to the size of a fahaka or mbu. I don't know about their own kind, but I've seen them with other fish without incident. I've wanted one for awhile, but the ones I've found are a little too pricey imo.

I had a humpback that was really nice for a more lurker type and an avocado that was really nice/active, but teeth grew so fast.
I once found a freak avocado puffer. For some reason the teeth stayed normal without need for shellfish. It ate anything, like it would even eat pellet food/flake food lol. I fed it Hikari floating pellets and fish flakes, tried treating him to some cherry shrimp and all he did was let them breed lol.
I honestly miss him, was my first puffer and was just an amazing fluke of an experience.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store