Potential MBU setup

suckerfish

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2005
LAGASH
Don't use his as a typical example. 99% of the time everything else is going to die and anything that doesn't is probably going to end the fahaka.
A lot of his stock has perished!
Re mbu: it really sucks watching a mbu stop using his caudal fin to swim. Which will happen in a 2’ wide aquarium. Mine passed not long after.
I’d suggest the puffers that Wes ( rare fish) is getting in. Schoudontie or something like that. Look like mini mbus.

quasar

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
A lot of his stock has perished!
Re mbu: it really sucks watching a mbu stop using his caudal fin to swim. Which will happen in a 2’ wide aquarium. Mine passed not long after.
I’d suggest the puffers that Wes ( rare fish) is getting in. Schoudontie or something like that. Look like mini mbus.
Who? You have peeked my interest with this :)

suckerfish

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2005
LAGASH
Well, I didn’t want to start this up again, but I was referring to Achilles 1763. Now he’s going to jump all over me again!!!
I love the red spot puffer too. However, I only have experience with mbu and fahaka. If you want other fish though, really check into those schoudenti. I know that is spelled wrong!
Hairy puffers are cool too.

suckerfish

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2005
LAGASH
If you could get a 4’ wide tank, there’s nothing like watching a mbu grow and interact with other fish though. I could hold, pet, and hand feed mine. Just no sedentary type fish= mbu snack!

quasar

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Well, I didn’t want to start this up again, but I was referring to Achilles 1763. Now he’s going to jump all over me again!!!
I love the red spot puffer too. However, I only have experience with mbu and fahaka. If you want other fish though, really check into those schoudenti. I know that is spelled wrong!
Hairy puffers are cool too.
Red line is starting to sound like a cool idea. But is it true freshwater or brackish?

Achilles1763

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2016
UK
My fahaka plays fine with others... just doesn't like seditary snake like fish!! Birchirs, snakeheads etc she is great with catfish and the CA/SA cichlids.

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Red line is starting to sound like a cool idea. But is it true freshwater or brackish?
Tetraodon schoutedeni are true freshwater puffer. They are rare though. Fugupuff has them on his list, but I don't know if he ships to Canada.

magpie magpie owned one with cories in the tank, and has info in this link

https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/tetraodon-schoutedeni-care.688459/

simko

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2015
Canada
@qasar

I didnt realize you would consider a smaller puffer, I ordered two tetraodon schoutedenis, i have posted a few threads here about them, had them for over a month now and i like them a lot. Oliver from below water is in montreal, I suggest you contact him , he's the only person bringing in schoutedeni in Canada (that i know of) and his prices are pretty fair, i think.

http://www.belowwater.com/

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store