Potential Tank mate for Green Terror

Jon Colley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2018
Hey guys, I have a male Green Terror/Gold Saum he’s about 4.5-5 inches in a 75 gal I was wondering if there’s any possibility of a tank mate for him. He in right now with two bristlenose plecos and gets along fine with them. I was hoping for maybe a female Festae or some Uaru. Any ideas on a new friend would be appreciated!

Mr geophagus

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2019
A jack Dempsey or an Oscar would do just fine. I would only add one or the other though, and make sure that they get along by monitoring them heavily when they first meet

Reactions: Jon Colley

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I doubt that in that size tank, he will accept any other cichlid (especially any other similar shaped and colored one).
Maybe some kind of dither tetra not big enough to swallow.
Most cichlids will ignore non-cichlids in a tank that size, but other cichlids represent competition, especially if the GT has been there a while, and sees the entire tank as it's territory.

Jon Colley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2018
I doubt that in that size tank, he will accept any other cichlid (especially any other similar shaped and colored one).
Maybe some kind of dither tetra not big enough to swallow.
Most cichlids will ignore non-cichlids in a tank that size, but other cichlids represent competition, especially if the GT has been there a while, and sees the entire tank as it's territory.
Thanks for the advice! I’m not very familiar with tetras, what kinds could be potential tank mates?

Jon Colley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2018
A top swimmer would do great. A Pink tailed chal would be a great color contrast.
I’ve never heard of that fish before so I googled it and it’s a very interesting fish I just hope I’ll be able to find one in my area!(I’m bad at keeping fish that I get through the mail)

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I have a number of Panamanian Andinoacara in a 180 with some Roeboides (head stander glass tetras) but any similar a in size would work. This one is about 3".
Colombian teras would be geographically correct, as would and tetras from west of the Andes in Ecuador or Peru.

Reactions: Jon Colley

Jon Colley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2018
A Senegal bichir may work nicely
I have actually been looking to get one i just have to get one of a decent size so he doesn't get eaten by my GT cause the only ones ive seen are like 1 inch long and that's about the same size as the worms he gets as treats.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store