Power out 44hrs and counting

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
Here in the San Joaquin it's been 40's at night and 60's in the day. No snow for at least 20 years.
I've been sunbathing in the back yard.

Reactions: tlindsey

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
just got one of these at costco today

can be kept inside or in apts

View attachment 1451807
I have 4 of these from 1300 to 1500 watts, to keep my small network running in an outage. Outages are so rare in our town that I don't have any backup for the 3 aquarium systems. The fish will survive a day with no problems, but without com I'll go TU in short order.

• Haha
Reactions: dr exum

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
We went ten days without power in Oregon due to freezing rain. We have a generator, so it wasn’t that bad. I did burn through over 100 gallons of gas, replaced a half dozen spark plugs, an air filter, and the oil. I have never been so appreciative of the power grid as I am now...

DRUKENMUNKY

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2018
Over the last 14 years I been I'm my current home we have had 3 outages 48 hours or more...first two were bad I lost a 18 mbu and 2nd time I lost a 26 inch black aro......I learned my lessons......I have 2 day auto transfer switch back up with 3 inverter generators on standby. It's not fun at all. The auto transfer switch keeps me at peace especially because I travel often. When the power goes out it kicks in automatically and when the power returns it charges back up. Been one of the best investments I ever put into my hobby.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store