Predatory catfish for 75g

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Good lad Rtc/tsn Rtc/tsn .

Kolton13 Kolton13 I was thinking of gulper cats, but aren't they closely related?
Either way they do prefer low ph which I’m pretty sure gulper cats do too.

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
gulpers are single fish in tank which i dont think rtc wants and are not really
active
I’ve had a gulper before and it’s stomach popped out like a balloon and after looking closely it’s entire body was full of water or some other liquid with a tiny air bubble at the top and it died

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
I’ve had a gulper before and it’s stomach popped out like a balloon and after looking closely it’s entire body was full of water or some other liquid with a tiny air bubble at the top and it died
My gulper did that. Its a thing they do to clean their insides. they swallow water to wash it out then throw it back up. Dont know how it died if that was the case.

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
My gulper did that. Its a thing they do to clean their insides. they swallow water to wash it out then throw it back up. Dont know how it died if that was the case.
I might have an old picture of it.
Edit: just looked through my phone and I must’ve deleted it at some point but the gulper was maybe 2” and it’s stomach was swelled up 5x it’s body size

DrownedFishonFire

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
I have a group of 6 jaguar cats in a 75g haha. I dont recommend them due to their activity level. Theyre not predatory type either ? theyre LAZY AF

I hate to say this or discourage other keepers from getting them. There are many other cats that are wayyyyyyy more active and predatory than those jaguar cats. I even had two speciemen in this group that was so skittish of their own shadow starve /stunt themselves being wedged so tight into driftwood crevice til I did hard checks of the livestock tearing apart the tanks i had to put them in breeders box and place food in there. Ofc they ate what was in front of them, started gaining size fast so i let them back into the tank. Theyre little piggies when they are aware of food they will come out, act like vaccum as quick as they can and quickly bolt back into their favorite spot so other cat cant steal their favorite spots. About 3 of them has found caves that is positioned that when i drop food its actually flowing near their caves... they simply back out vaccum n bolt back into the cave. Fast food style ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store