Prepping for a ~260G set-up

DN328

Aimara
Original poster
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
Christmas is coming a little earlier for me this year. After the issue with my last tank, I always knew I'll get another but didn't know when. Well, I just couldn't stay out too long and will be getting this peninsula tank 72"x30"x28". I'm sticking with the same footprint due to space and reuse of my existing metal stand - but some changes with this acrylic tank based on what I have learned from my previous set-up.

Once the tank arrives, I'll keep this thread updated for anyone that's interested in following along with me setting this up. First things first is I'll need to cut/paint the platform/plywood between the tank and stand. Then PVC plumbing for the (Herbie or BA) drain, return, closed loop / water change drain, etc.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any questions.

1573246088628.png

DN328

Aimara
Original poster
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
I slowly have been pulling together my plumbing supplies. At this point I'm certainly glad I kept all my equipment from the prior tank as this stuff begins to add up very quickly.

I will use all three bulkhead in the external overflow, but I'm still contemplating if I should just use straight pipes (Herbie) or go withy the durso for the BA? I used Herbie on my last tank it was really quiet as well. My bro-in-law offered to build an acrylic sump for me (and I would help him of course). He is just way to busy, and to be honest I really like the look of the Bashsea smart series. I know it's not "required", but IMO it looks good and I won't be doing this again, I don't think.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store