Progression thread of Golden Base Kamfa

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Thank you Man-made Monsters Man-made Monsters i definitely will!

I even tried ‘grooming’ him last night with a mirror For a couple minutes, looks likehe will definitely develop more if I keep that up.

Reactions: Ruturaj

Man-made Monsters

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2016
You have the right idea. Mirrors for some flowerhorn are good for grooming. However some flowerhorns get really freaked out by mirrors. I have watched as my friend's Kamfa nearly knocked himself unconscious as he swam away in a burst of speed. Just do whats right for your flowerhorn. His colors are sick!!!! If he is fertile I want to buy one of his offspring.

Reactions: Jacob92677

Shakedown211

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2019
thanks! I wanted something that would have good red color and big pearls. So far this is the best one I’ve found locally. I can tell his red has already increased vendors old photo.

yes I was talking about the black pigments, it has increased on the dorsal fin since the older photo.

Cool, if the people more experienced than me say he looks good then I feel good about the purchase.

I feel like heis really going to take off and go super red. I remember reading that with faders, sometimes they can lose their pearl. Is there anything I should be doing to support pearl development?

All those FH specific foods are trash right? The ingredients usually have fillers as the main ingredients from what I saw.

I’ll be giving him Hai Feng fast color, the newer formula, has improved ingredients, omegaone super color pellets, and Hikari vibra bites.

Try feeding him Excalibur. I personally think it's the best fh food on the market. Btw that's a great lookin fh you have there!!

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
I can’t wait to see how the crystal parrots turn out! Didn’t even realize how they were bred. Thanks
I think usually it’s red Texas in the mix, the nicest ones I’ve seen had the pearl pattern of a RT, but I want to find my own path and make some crystal parrots that have this Kamfa’s faded flower line pattern in the pearls, kind of like faded golden base/red colored kirrin parrots. Hopefully I get at least one like that if he is fertile lol

You have the right idea. Mirrors for some flowerhorn are good for grooming. However some flowerhorns get really freaked out by mirrors. I have watched as my friend's Kamfa nearly knocked himself unconscious as he swam away in a burst of speed. Just do whats right for your flowerhorn. His colors are sick!!!! If he is fertile I want to buy one of his offspring.
Thank you brother, I’ve basically been paying attention to what I see on IG, and paying close attention to ingredients of foods. I was at a fish shop and saw some flowerhorn foods full of wheat and filler products.

He is definitely developing better than I hoped, and if fertile I will try to raise as many fry as I can to see what comes out in the mix. Offspring will be available and shipping will be an option.

Try feeding him Excalibur. I personally think it's the best fh food on the market. Btw that's a great lookin fh you have there!!
Thank you, he is definitely developing even better than I hoped. Love the ingredient list in that food!! Krill as the second ingredient is exactly what I’m looking for, I’ll order some to add to his mix.

right now this is his mix: new formula hai feng fast color, omega one super color pellets, and terra baby shrimp

1B35C51B-ED38-4AD9-8ADB-64A82C348594.jpeg

He loves it :)

90FDF09D-4FE0-4E29-9FC2-DD6B415EEAA7.jpeg

Man-made Monsters

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2016
Awesome, one quick recommendation that you need to hear. PLEASE pre soak the shrimp food in tank water for at least five mins before feeding. That shrimp, if not presoaked, can cause major stomach issues.

Reactions: maxstillen

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
That's just a overhyped and overpriced food. Different types of imbalanced foods in my opinion. The owner of the company gets salty if you talk about facts that don't go in his favor.

Reactions: Man-made Monsters

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Awesome, one quick recommendation that you need to hear. PLEASE pre soak the shrimp food in tank water for at least five mins before feeding. That shrimp, if not presoaked, can cause major stomach issues.
thank you for the advice! I noticed he struggled with the larger sized shrimp, but these small ‘baby shrimp’ he seems to have no issues with so far.

I am going to look into soaking them with liquid vitamins

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
thank you for the advice! I noticed he struggled with the larger sized shrimp, but these small ‘baby shrimp’ he seems to have no issues with so far.

I am going to look into soaking them with liquid vitamins
Just be careful when using vitamins. Just like with humans, if a fish takes in too much of certain vitamins it can be a negative thing and cause vitamin poisoning. Just remember too much of a good thing can always turn into a bad thing.

Personally I would only soak em in vitamins every other day to every 3 days.

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
Cohazard Cohazard nice Flowerhorn bro. Dib if you get frys.

Reactions: Cohazard
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store