Project L236

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
So you just had a 236 spawn last month??? Do you have a thread where you are sharing pictures and information? I’d love to follow along your breeding venture!

also feel free to post your pictures here.

hope you have fully recovered from surgery.

im in the same boat as you in regards to not wanting to be a factory. I’m keeping a group of about 8 zebras and I’m letting whom ever breed with whom they choose.

same will go for the 236’s.

I absolutely will not allow hybrid’s

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Did a water change today and caught a couple of them out and about

the second one is one of my favourites

042BF50A-1F73-44B4-91EF-FCEEC6C85C2D.jpeg3E832BEB-364F-48A6-B5D9-6869B7F7ED79.png

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Not a the best updated pics but the 236’s are doing great, they have turned a golden color instead of being white. I assume it’s due to diet
BC9948C6-8CFA-4C9F-8AFE-DAA807470AEE.jpegF8F4424B-A7B0-4D13-92DE-D01851D1EAC1.jpeg4D775DE9-A66A-46DC-B273-D0FC6D79B98B.jpeg

TwoTankAmin

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2008
New York
I just pulled 25 offspring from my grow tank. Covid kept them there so long that some of them began to spawn. I left 15 fry barely 1/2 inch in the grow tank. these are the Budrovcan line 236. I am about to break down the breeder tank to pull fish.

I am moving most of these to the summer tanks and some will be listed for sale in the near future along with 173s and maybe some zebras. I am taking pictures of the offspring as i pull and move them. I will either post come in this thread or better, start a new one as I do not want to co-opt this thread to any degree. I have set up the two most likely caved males that are doing the spawning and added in what I hope were another 6 males and 4 females.

The fish are hard to sex accurately at this size so I basically used body width and head shape- i.e. best guess. My hope is this groups will start to spawn and can be sold as a proven breeding group. The others can be sold in groups not proven and unsexed A coupld of the juvies a while back looked almost to be superwhite. I hope they still do. I do have a group of Budrovcan line super white which began spawning this year, but they are still tiny.

B&W Hyoans from the Rio Xingu rock!

• Love
Reactions: Niki_up

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
I just pulled 25 offspring from my grow tank. Covid kept them there so long that some of them began to spawn. I left 15 fry barely 1/2 inch in the grow tank. these are the Budrovcan line 236. I am about to break down the breeder tank to pull fish.

I am moving most of these to the summer tanks and some will be listed for sale in the near future along with 173s and maybe some zebras. I am taking pictures of the offspring as i pull and move them. I will either post come in this thread or better, start a new one as I do not want to co-opt this thread to any degree. I have set up the two most likely caved males that are doing the spawning and added in what I hope were another 6 males and 4 females.

The fish are hard to sex accurately at this size so I basically used body width and head shape- i.e. best guess. My hope is this groups will start to spawn and can be sold as a proven breeding group. The others can be sold in groups not proven and unsexed A coupld of the juvies a while back looked almost to be superwhite. I hope they still do. I do have a group of Budrovcan line super white which began spawning this year, but they are still tiny.

B&W Hyoans from the Rio Xingu rock!
Love all the fish you are working with!!!
love hearing of your success.

Do let me know if any of your fish happen to make their way into Canada!

TwoTankAmin

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2008
New York
Getting anything into Canada from the US these days is not easy. Before Covid people would drive it across. Canadians would drive across to the US, buy and drive home. Shippers might send the fish to an American near the border for this. Not any more ?

My final count for the Bidrovcan line offspring was 74. For the true F1 173 it was 185. I have 5 more tanks to go. This is nuts, I am a hobbyist not a fish fatm......

Reactions: Niki_up
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store