Pseudacanthicus sp. L600 kissing problem

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
Well it's not as mentioned in the thread, it's more of a fighting problem, but when you see the video you will understand why I have mentioned so.

I have 2 3"+ L600 and 3 2.5" L114

The L114 rarely fight.

But the L600 are like blood thirsty.

The tank is a 120gallon, I just don't get it, there's 8sqft of foot print area but the moment they come out it's just at each other's throats or lips.

Here's a video

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india

Killduv

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
So do they do any damage to themselves, does it stop eventually?
I think they will do it non stop actually. I set up many caves and barriers in my tanks to stop this violence. I made them for my L046 tank. I will post a photo tomorrow for you. Good luck with them and I wish they would cool down. I think once they start to fight it does not end. Only if more are added to the tank it spreads it out. Kind of like the way a dither fish acts. Too many targets and does not focus on one fish.

Reactions: headbanger_jib

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
I think they will do it non stop actually. I set up many caves and barriers in my tanks to stop this violence. I made them for my L046 tank. I will post a photo tomorrow for you. Good luck with them and I wish they would cool down. I think once they start to fight it does not end. Only if more are added to the tank it spreads it out. Kind of like the way a dither fish acts. Too many targets and does not focus on one fish.
That's a bit disheartening to learn.

Let's see if I can find more of them

Reactions: DrownedFishonFire

Rotaryp04s

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2011
So do they do any damage to themselves, does it stop eventually?
Most plecos shove and bump each other when they fight pseudacanthicus will dance, roll, wrestle and bite. They can do some damage to one another if there not enough hiding place . It normal just there way of who boss and under boss like cichlids. It will calm down once they figure that out. L114s and L600s are more temperament than other cactus types in my opinion.

Reactions: headbanger_jib
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store