Pseudacanthicus sp. L600 kissing problem

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
I have over a dozen of these little L600 growing out and they do this all the time, especially when I throw some food in. Haven’t lost a single one and it’s been months. Not saying it can’t happen but I have no issues to report

My L46, on the other hand, I’ve had males jab each other with their pectorals until the tips are bloody and have lost males this way. Also had some badly beat up females during spawning but they recovered.

Reactions: headbanger_jib

DHarris

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2015
Los Angeles
It's common for pseudas. My L600s aren't as bad as my L114s but they all fight. It's usually over territorial disputes or over food. When I added my 13" L185 it went to town on my 10" L380. The L380 had bite marks all over it's belly. My GIANT Serratus beat the crap out of my GIANT L24 and literally bit meaty chunks from it's underside. As long as you keep your water clean, they'll all heal fine.

Try adding more wood so they can each stake out their own little spots. It's also a great way if one is really beating on another for it to escape and recuperate. Caves are good too.

• Wow
Reactions: headbanger_jib

DrownedFishonFire

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
One of my L114 tended to do that to smaller one but did have tons of hiding places. They just wanted the same spots or same morsel of food ? when there’s another morsel an inch away

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
Peace has been since 15-07-2021
Did take a video then, but forgot to share it over here for some reason

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com