pseudoplatystoma corruscans settled in well

dazzapolypterusweeksii

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2010
leicester,uk
Awesome video mate, all the predators look great.
Flower looks to be in excellent shape as well!

Still waiting for a video update with snorkel involved
Thankyou there all doing suprising well and the flower is looking better and better as her base colour darkens.i actually did put a friends snorkel on and have a go but the majority of them hide under the tote at the back and at the min ive gave up before they did and got out.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
If I found myself in a tub with a Shastasaurus, I'd hide too until it left...

0027_SeaRex_Liopleurodon_web-1.jpg

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Thanks for posting from all the corruscans wanna-haves.

What do we think about what?

...gets a bit of stick of the rtc ...
This "UK-ism", if that's what it is, is unfamiliar to me :) Are the corruscans' tattered fins RTC's doing?

dazzapolypterusweeksii

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2010
leicester,uk
Sorry yes rtc is getting more territorial and giving the other cats a hard time when near his corner. (What i meant when giving him stick)lol.his pectoral fins havnt healed since ive had him and im not sure they will now,happened when moving him from liams and there still exactly the same and not started to heal in 6 months....there split right upto the base on both sides and the rtc has only recently started to show aggression so its not like there not getting chance to heal.rtc occasionally bites there sides and gives out minor scrapes nothing serious.the vundu is still the boss out of the 3 but think the hierarchy is changing slowly.i ment by asking what do you think generally and of his progression.still a very shy fish when i get near.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
What I can see is his tail is a bit tattered, his right pectoral looks ok in the vid, but the left pectoral leading spine is mostly, more than 50%, gone with a sharp (from splitting?) leftover and the rest of the fin is "flapping in the wind".

The left pectoral fin looks the most serious injury of them and if you are saying it has not healed at all in 6 months then

-- either it is chronically infected and inflamed (doesn't look like it but hard to judge from the video)

-- or tankmate keeps injuring it (I'd guess vundu; the TSN is not afraid of the RTC whatsoever in the video, albeit it might be a side effect of them fearing the camera in the water)

-- or too much of the spine had been broken off and when that happens the healing and grow-back are very slow (may take 1-2 years IME) and may or may not completely restore the fin to its prior size and shape.

As for the growth rate and shyness, we look to learn from you. AFAIK, you are the only corruscans owner who has been reporting diligently.

RTC and TSN look about the same length. Both 3' or more?

How big is the vundu? BTW, you are the only active and consistent reporter on the vundu too, so keep up the good work, Dazza!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store