pseudoplatystoma corruscans settled in well

dazzapolypterusweeksii

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2010
leicester,uk
The vundu i caught and measured this time last year and he was an accurate 32 inches at the time so im guessing his grown an inch or 2 and the rtc and tsn are a couple of inches longer than the vundu now so i dont think would be 2 far out with the 3 foot mark, both practically the same length the tote at the back is 4 foot width.....my house will be for sale soon so im going to have to catch them so will get an accurate measurement then.you have a keen eye all 3 of the cats have small splits in the tails which i would say is minor and expected as there all quite aggressive.ive witnessed for hours sometimes there behaviour with one another and have only seen the vundu bully the rtc and the nile perch in the past. its only now the rtc has claimed the bottom left corner that the tsn and vundu have been getting chased and bitten (territorial bites) and recieving marks/splits.the pectoral spine on the left side has been broken and missing part of the end,this still moves as it should but the (flapping part is still split futher down looking just now whilst feeding it is better than when it originally happened but very slow recovery im 99 percent sure its not been repeatedly targeted to prevent it healing tho.the right side is split also still but the spine is complete and the split isnt as servere and the fin does move with the spine as it should.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
I had this problem with my 3' oxydoras Hoover 6 years ago, back in Rochester, NY. His both pectoral spines were intact but torn away from the fins almost completely. Little changed in one year. I still don't know why it was taking so-o-o long. The right one looks worse but the left is torn pretty deep too. They got torn when it was caught and sold to me.

So I'm keen on seeing what happens with yours.

Group 5.JPG Hoover 1 (2).JPG Hoover 1.JPG Hoover and group.JPG

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Another quick update while the corruscan was out.still abit of aggression between the 3 and its the vundu thats showing the battle scars this time round
Lookin good as always! ive loved this specimem since Liam had em lol... such a beautiful cat

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA

dazzapolypterusweeksii

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2010
leicester,uk
Close up of the corruscan his now the dominant catfish in the pond after being bullied by the redtail since being in there.been top cat now couple of months.although gets on great with the vundu even swimming round together and chosing to lie side by side resting

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store