Pulcher farm

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
What's reasonable for a fish no one else has though? 2000.00 for a 2" fish.
Good question which is one reason why I hope they are able to produce many generations of them....as demand wanes the prices have to go down,hopefully.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
What's reasonable for a fish no one else has though? 2000.00 for a 2" fish.
Good question which is one reason why I hope they are able to produce many generations of them....as demand wanes the prices have to go down,hopefully.

Rghfor

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2015
Supposedly the fry offered are f2. They also have a 600 piece quota for the year and the rest must be re introduced into the wild

Rghfor

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2015
Wholesale price for 2inches is fairly high . North of 2000usd anyway

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Supposedly the fry offered are f2. They also have a 600 piece quota for the year and the rest must be re introduced into the wild
Great that they actually intend to release a number of the fry though I'm not sure what good that would actually do in the long run....what with overfishing for food,polution,habitat destruction and so forth.I wonder which size the offspring are when they are released?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Wholesale price for 2inches is fairly high . North of 2000usd anyway
I have had the pleasure of owning quite a few pulchers in the past and I would be fine if I never got to own one of these captive bred babies....at those prices it does not look as if I will lol.

FunWow!

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Rhode Island
There’s no way they are only going to sell 600 babies a year... that’s BS if they are saying it. Money is money and that’s the reason.. releasing some is just to keep government in their favor. Releasing a bunch of babies is going to have a low success rate considering how many will be taken down by predators or local people. They should grow to at least 10inches and then release them in a protected body of water that’s off limits but even that is only going to help for a little bit as they can swim up or down river. They are going to breed these as much as possible lol. I cut open a old ST of mine that had died and inside she had a ton of eggs. So with that being said I can’t see a big ST having a low number of eggs produce. Good they got them breeding though. I’d like to know if they are naturally breeding these fish or hormone inducing them and milking them like hatcheries do for salmon. I also wonder if the color on these F2’s are the same as wilds and at what size they started breeding the F1’s. All the ST’s that have been available must all be the F1’s or F2’s.

Reactions: Vancouver_98683

Fatlungy

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2011
Reading, Pennsylvania
There’s no way they are only going to sell 600 babies a year... that’s BS if they are saying it. Money is money and that’s the reason.. releasing some is just to keep government in their favor. Releasing a bunch of babies is going to have a low success rate considering how many will be taken down by predators or local people. They should grow to at least 10inches and then release them in a protected body of water that’s off limits but even that is only going to help for a little bit as they can swim up or down river. They are going to breed these as much as possible lol. I cut open a old ST of mine that had died and inside she had a ton of eggs. So with that being said I can’t see a big ST having a low number of eggs produce. Good they got them breeding though. I’d like to know if they are naturally breeding these fish or hormone inducing them and milking them like hatcheries do for salmon. I also wonder if the color on these F2’s are the same as wilds and at what size they started breeding the F1’s. All the ST’s that have been available must all be the F1’s or F2’s.
You can ask questions on their facebook he got back to me in minutes. John Ip from Monster can bring these fish in.

Gage Zamrzla

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2010
Penn Valley, CA
I'm always a little skeptical of these kinds of claims but if this turns out to be true then this is phenominal news.

Hopefully supply won't be so limited to create artificial inflation in the costs long term. I don't expect to see them for $30 in stores ever again but I'd certainly kick down a few hundred for a small specimen if it were a true ST should this prove to be legitament and produce spawns for years to come.

If true, I wonder like others have stated, weather these were artificially bred with hormones/alternative breeding tactics and if these methods could/would work with NTT, NGT etc?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store