Pulcher farm

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
That's crazy so it's going to be like 5k + for a 1 to 2" fish retail.
Last I heard big ones were already going for four stacks.Going with the assumption that these are the real deal if I were inclined to pay that kind of money I might opt for taking a risk on a small and very young pulcher than an old and big one......but then,there is something to be said for instant gratification.

Reactions: Rghfor

Arowana718

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
nyc
So it is safe to say that all those baby IT datnoids thats flooding our market are all captive bred???

Reactions: Vancouver_98683

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
So it is safe to say that all those baby IT datnoids thats flooding our market are all captive bred???
I wondered and posted about that a few years ago as so many shops would have tanks full of them at certain times of the year.I would certainly hope so for the sake of the species,being that it takes so long for them to be able to reproduce.

jsodwi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2005
south of heaven
I wonder how the coloration and how stable they will be considering captive bred almost never look as good as the real thing

dat_tiger

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2008
boston
Considering the amount of platinum and short body indos out there I would say it is very likely the are captive breeding them as well.

vincentwugwg

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2013
New York Mets
I wondered and posted about that a few years ago as so many shops would have tanks full of them at certain times of the year.I would certainly hope so for the sake of the species,being that it takes so long for them to be able to reproduce.
Indo Dats will most likely be extinct from the wild in under 5 years... the yield from local fisherman is less than 10% when compared to last year.. and last year's yield was about 20% vs. 3 years ago. Pollution from all the new Palm oil factories are creating havoc on the local fish populations.

Reactions: kno4te
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store