Question about price.

punman

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2016
I have bought a couple of new tanks in my life time but most of the time I have bought used. It has been my observation that tanks from say 10-55 gallons can go pretty cheaply. Maybe son goes off to college and family wants the tank out of there 'cause it is taking up space in the guest bedroom, or are afraid it will get broken. Maybe family is moving a long distance and don't want to take the tank with. Maybe little Sally was into fish so mom bought her a 20 gallon starter kit. Sally now wants a dog. You get my point. This is where $200 worth of tanks and equipment can go for $50 or less.

Once you get to where people have put out $1000 for a stand, tank and accessories and say only used it for a year, they do not want to give it away for $200. I don't blame them. So they ask $750. But why should I pay $750 for a tank brand some else picked out that might leak, a filter they picked out, a heater brand that I might not have heard of and so on. I'd rather pay $1000 for exactly what I want if I am going to pay $750. For $500 I might consider that $1000 system.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store