question about releasing fish

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
You should never release a fish that has been kept in an aquarium.

rodgerpidactor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2007
earth
It's funny that you used a green sunfish as the example because in fact that is what it is.. I caught it its been in a tank by itself for about 2 weeks and i have fed it rosy red minnows would you say yes or no to release it back to where it was caught...(a very small pond at a park by my house)

sandtiger

Captain Planet
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2005
NY
rodgerpidactor;1232053; said:
It's funny that you used a green sunfish as the example because in fact that is what it is.. I caught it its been in a tank by itself for about 2 weeks and i have fed it rosy red minnows would you say yes or no to release it back to where it was caught...(a very small pond at a park by my house)

Why keep it in the first place if you want to get rid of it?:screwy:Anyway, no. Don't release it, especially since you're feeding it feeder fish from the LFS.

Dr Joe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Sixty Miles South of Tampa Florida
rodgerpidactor;1230894; said:
I see people saying not to ever release a fish after it has been in an aquarium but then i see other people who say never to do it EXCEPT when it was caught in a private lake/pond and you release it back into that exact same body of water. how does this change the circumstances?? cant ducks and other animals transfer fish eggs of "infected" fish from the private lake/pond to another body of water?? is it okay to release a fish after its been in an aquarium if it was caught in a small body of water as to a big reservoir ??? forgive me if this was covered in the sticky i tried to find it in there.....
This one? http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18675

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store