Questions about Barred Midas

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
I’ll post some pics when I can of the 2 convicts & they have different traits that are noticeable
I've been keeping convicts quite a while, that's a convict. It's possible that it is hybridized with something, but at the very least it is mostly convict. Doesn't look like a hybrid to me either, looks full convict.

Reactions: Ob-Bobby

Trimapit

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 12, 2017
Texas
That is a Convict cross. Probably a Convict/ HRP cross. HRP have a lower down turned mouth. Whoever told you that was a Dovii is an idiot and should be out of the hobby. All of your fish are juveniles. The one on question is a bit older then the other ones.

Reactions: Ob-Bobby

Ob-Bobby

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2017
www.youtube.com
That is a Convict cross. Probably a Convict/ HRP cross. HRP have a lower down turned mouth. Whoever told you that was a Dovii is an idiot and should be out of the hobby. All of your fish are juveniles. The one on question is a bit older then the other ones.
Yes it’s older & I know it’s not a dovii but they insist that it is but I only paid $6 for the guy..

Ob-Bobby

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2017
www.youtube.com
Yeah it’s the mouth that bothers me to

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store