Raccoons as pets ??

Tim the fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2018
Not me, but I've always been curious what it's like lol. Once when I was little I found a sick raccoon that I took care of for one night, sort of gave me a new appreciation for them.
I have a friend with one. It's cute but it is still an animal that has its wild instincts. You can pet it and pick it up but it is extremely discructive. They raised it from a bottle. When I say discructive, it has torn up the drapes, carpet, bedding material and do forth. Rember that there are not meant to be pets. They can maintain that wildsnima

Not me, but I've always been curious what it's like lol. Once when I was little I found a sick raccoon that I took care of for one night, sort of gave me a new appreciation for them.
u
Hey guys anyone else out there with a pet raccoon ?
I a friend with one she bottle raised. It is cute and pettable. Racoons are not domesticated animals. It is extremely desructivde. It destroyed her furniture, and drapes. Maybe you will have better luck. You can take the animal out of the wild but you can't take the wild out of.the animal
. Good luck

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I had a friend with one. It was cute but destroyed their drapes, funiture. They eventually got rid of it. It was a very destructive critter
I guess the best way ti have one as "pet" would be for it to live outside and free roam.That way it could came around for food left out for it and it would have limited contact with its hosts.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Back in the 70's, I had a neighbor that had a couple. Keep them in cages in the backyard.
My friend had one, they were much more well behaved than I thought they'd be, he got along with the cats , dogs, and even the chickens!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store