Raccoons as pets ??

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Oh that's very strange interesting might look up why later.
Just got back from googling and I came across something about a law regarding exotic animals being brought into the state that was enacted in the 90's.
The Pennsylvania Game Commission seemed to have decided that from that point on only captive,in state bred hedgies would be legal while any new animals would not be legally allowed into the state.Well it became apparent to PGC that in state breeders were still bringing in "new blood" from out of state so they reacted by placing the ban on all hedghogs and confiscating animals from known breeders.....sounds like a bunch of beaurocratic b.s. to me.

Reactions: Becky&herRaccoon

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
@krich it seems like the gov is banning all the cool stuff lately, a lot of it is banned for no apparent reason like the python ban in maine

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
@krich it seems like the gov is banning all the cool stuff lately, a lot of it is banned for no apparent reason like the python ban in maine
Lol,Maine yeah that's pretty ridiculous.I blame the jerkoff politrikians who lie their way into office.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

DrownedFishonFire

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
It sucks but there is more to the reason why Maine had to ban it. Idiots let go of their pythons when it got too big.
They are allowing the ownership if you apply for a permit it proves you will be responsible for it and did your research. Nothing to do with politicans/cold weather. Too many idiots owning animals they have no business owning hence those laws.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
It sucks but there is more to the reason why Maine had to ban it. Idiots let go of their pythons when it got too big.
They are allowing the ownership if you apply for a permit it proves you will be responsible for it and did your research. Nothing to do with politicans/cold weather. Too many idiots owning animals they have no business owning hence those laws.
there is absolutely zero reason to ban an exotic snake species in a state like Maine. How many months could that snake actually live there? 4? 5? No reason for a ban regardless if people let big pythons go or not.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
there is absolutely zero reason to ban an exotic snake species in a state like Maine. How many months could that snake actually live there? 4? 5? No reason for a ban regardless if people let big pythons go or not.
I was thinking along those lines after I read that post but hey....politicians must make laws and they need excuses to make them.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I was thinking along those lines after I read that post but hey....politicians must make laws and they need excuses to make them.
aye, and our state sucks for everything except reptiles. No sugar gliders, hedgehogs, native animals...PA has RIDICULOUS laws.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store