Rainbow cichlids

Teejg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2023
I tried to put the third female in with my convicts before I put her in her own tank. That 3.75 inch fish was going to die by a female at maybe 1.5 inch.

Last edited:

Teejg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2023
Well, there you have it; a "hypothetical life history" has to be the best kind of all.

So, their hardiness in non-optimal conditions allows them to survive and even spawn in these ponds cut off from the main flow. Somehow, the "hypothetical life history" extrapolates that those individuals comprise the core population; all those fish that return with the receding waters are relegated to the status of a "peripheral river population", serving merely as a "buffer". That life history is hypothetical, indeed.

Do they hypothesize how close together those clutches of eggs are laid in even the most crowded conditions in the wild?

But it sounds like you have it under control; you know they'll be fine, they have lots of room. That being the case, I won't wonder why this thread, and the original question it posed regarding "mysterious" aggression, even exists in the first place. Cheers, and good luck! :)
Nothing I read. Yeah, I get what people on here are trying to say.. and believe me , I care about them. When I moved that second female to another tank things got pretty mild. What was happening was the big second female was sending all the smaller ones to the other side .. obviously causing a problem with the breeding pair.

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
I read that too. I know they'll be fine. I don't think I have 4 pairs yet but at least two. I was given such random sized fish from 1.5 all the way to 3.75. so the dithers became themselves. They have the ability to change colors and not become a threat. I have two very orange fish and the rest greenish, speckled.
Where'd you get them if you don't mind me asking?

Teejg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2023
Rockland aquarium ones had ich though. I don't know, I haven't been over there but I just got done treating the whole tank. They're ich free now. What a headache.
I would try to contact them but I think they're just gonna give me a headache. I bought their last 5 rainbows and 3 of them had white spots within 3 days of getting them .

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store