RC clod buster project #2!

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
www.midwestcustomflyrods.com
Maiden shake down run for the most part was a success. Got 30 mins of crazy speed and outside of being on the edge of out of control at full throttle it was a blast. Until the very end when the pitchers mound rubber decided the fun was over. Couple broken rod ends and a pulled apart shock but nothing too major to fix.

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Maiden shake down run for the most part was a success. Got 30 mins of crazy speed and outside of being on the edge of out of control at full throttle it was a blast. Until the very end when the pitchers mound rubber decided the fun was over. Couple broken rod ends and a pulled apart shock but nothing too major to fix.

Great seeing it run Steve! :thumbsup:

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----

That thing runs smoooooth... can even tell you still need to find a larger space before you can really let her rip properly...

Also, my wife has banned me from testing my truck indoors after i left skid marks all over the living room floor lol...

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
www.midwestcustomflyrods.com
Fat Homer Fat Homer Check out what I scored at a garage sale the other day. Stopped in to one a few streets over and saw this sitting there. It's a TLT-1 Rockbuster. It's just the rolling chassis , no electronics or anything, missing a few pieces and the home made links are tiny and junk, but I figured it would make for a fun little project sometime down the road. Best part was the price, get this....$5

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Fat Homer Fat Homer Check out what I scored at a garage sale the other day. Stopped in to one a few streets over and saw this sitting there. It's a TLT-1 Rockbuster. It's just the rolling chassis , no electronics or anything, missing a few pieces and the home made links are tiny and junk, but I figured it would make for a fun little project sometime down the road. Best part was the price, get this....$5

What a score indeed, especially at $5!!!

I must say it looks like you are soon going to have an army of cloud busters to run... so maybe time to start looking around your neighborhood for other like minded individuals to go bashing with now that you have your 3rd backup truck for when things might go wrong lol...

Reactions: Steve_C

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Yeah man I tell ya, I forgot just how addictive RC actually is. All it took was the first run last week with the truck and I was hooked all over again lol.
Totally agree with you on that one and the fact its one hobby i have that brings out the kid in me without being as dangerous as flying around at high speeds in my full size car lol...

Actually, i was just thinking as well, because you are so good at tinkering and building things, have you considered mounting POV camera to your rig and using VR goggles to drive your truck???

Coz I’ve seen videos of people doing it on regular track racing RC’s but always thought it would be sick to do it on a serious off-road rig...

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
It sounds cool, but I would bet on a truck like mine it would be next to impossible to drive at any sort of speed. Anything more than 1/2 throttle and the front end lifts up. So you'd probably be looking at the sky and not see where you're going I would bet :eek3:
So even if you ease it into full throttle slowly it just takes off??? Maybe you need to install a wheelie bar low to the ground just to keep it from flipping???

Coz would realllllly love to see this thing at full throttle...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store