RC clod buster project

BichirKing

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2018
PNW
that's sweet! I had a clod buster years ago. we did the double wheels and sealed tub so we could take it across our pond. had a bunch of rc trucks cars and airplanes. had more $$$ into my tmaxx than my real mud truck lol!

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I think anything RC has the potential to be a serious money pit, especially if you love bashing them hard...

S Steve_C i started to wonder what happened to this project of yours, so its good to see its still alive and moving forward... the cage is also starting to look really sweet with that coat of orange as wel...

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
www.midwestcustomflyrods.com
Thanks guys. Had to put it on the back burner for a few weeks there while trying to get everything ready for Christmas and doing all the Christmas shopping and such. Now that I'm all done shopping for the family and ready for Christmas I'll be back to working on this project again. Should have some RC goodies under the tree from the family as well :grinyes:

Reactions: Fat Homer

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
I'd say I made out pretty good this year for Christmas :) Just got these from the family. Since I got these today I went ahead and just ordered the other Mamba-x and Castle 5700kv motor offline so those should be here Jan 2nd. Also got a pair of hi TQ MG servos (not in the pic). Basically all that is left to buy for the clod build now is the 3s lipo and I'll be just about set.

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
Started working on the clod after the family left. Had picked up the scale motor for it back when I started building the chassis but never cared for the lack of detail or the plug wires that were way to small for the motor. So tore it all down and cleaned it, painted the block, dist cap, valve cover ridges, butterflys, AN fittings and a few other things. Made some orange blower straps and replaced the plug wires. Some old yellow fly line worked perfect for the plug wires.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Started working on the clod after the family left. Had picked up the scale motor for it back when I started building the chassis but never cared for the lack of detail or the plug wires that were way to small for the motor. So tore it all down and cleaned it, painted the block, dist cap, valve cover ridges, butterflys, AN fittings and a few other things. Made some orange blower straps and replaced the plug wires. Some old yellow fly line worked perfect for the plug wires.

Your attention to detail is really impressive, especially since most only put in this much effort into their scale crawlers...

Reactions: Steve_C
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store