Ready to give up.

walls

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2005
Well I beat the first round of ICH but then about two weeks later we had some storms that knocked out the power for over 24 hours. The tank dropped down to about 70 degrees.:swear: Since then I have lost a large Clown Loach and a large Pictus Cat and even though I am doing the ICH treatment again the ICH is not subsiding.

This is getting way to frustrating.....

TankBuster

" I feel violated "
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
Glendora, Ca
Been there done that. Try again, as you go, you learn. I and many people also on here get ich still and will everytime something unexpected happens. I tyhink of it as getting the flu. It happens. Sometimes with bad results though.

slammer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2006
Kentucky
www.shootersville.net
Most of us at one time or another have gone through this...

1. Raise the tank temp to 82 degrees.

2. Add salt (1 tablespoon per 5 gallons)

3. Do 25% water changes every 3 days. (remember to add the proper amount of salt after the water change!)

Do this for 3 weeks and you should be straight. I just went through it and it worked perfectly.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
slammer said:
Most of us at one time or another have gone through this...

1. Raise the tank temp to 82 degrees.

2. Add salt (1 tablespoon per 5 gallons)

3. Do 25% water changes every 3 days. (remember to add the proper amount of salt after the water change!)

Do this for 3 weeks and you should be straight. I just went through it and it worked perfectly.
I agree.
Don't give in, are you going to let a microscopic parasite beat you? Stand up straight, get to adding some salt, raise the temperature, and don't even think about giving up, or I'll rearrange your chiclets into a 3-4 defense. Now move!

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Get the temp up to above 86 F

TankBuster

" I feel violated "
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
Glendora, Ca
Guppy is absolutely right. I took that advice and all 4 of my baby pbass are now healthy and happy. I kept my temp at 88 degrees for 7 days.

walls

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2005
Temp has been at 86 for a week and I have about 1 tablespoon of salt for every 2-3 gallons.

Looks as though I may lose my 7" clown loach next. :(

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Try Aquarisol, you don't need to remove carbon and it works. Not harmful to plants in my experience.

fish head )'>

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
S.E. Michigan
Raising the temperture speeds up the life cycle of our little fish terrorists. In colder water, Ich, in its "egg" stage, can live for weeks---much longer than when you thought you got rid of it.
You think every thing is cool, then BAM, some weird thing causes undue stress on your fish and you got snow flakes growing on your fish. This could be one contributing factor of why you are in battle mode again.

Keep up what you are doing. You will win the war.

Pangong_ilong

I want one too !
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
Fresh Meadow, NY
Don't give up. I almost did that last week. My 6 rbp's died. Bought 7 pbass and 2 died. My black aro got cloudy eyes and gonna ready fro RIP. My tanks got ammonia and nitrite spike and couldn't stabilize the water. Went to macy's and bought new clothes to realx myself. Went back home. Checked everything. changed water, cleaned my filters and bam, my tank got cleaned again. All my parameters went back to normal. So just do't give up. Happens to the best of us.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store