Which is better to take care of

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
You are kidding about feeding your fish a hamster? That is sick, cruel and likely not a healthy option......
Interesting how they devoured the body and left the face intact..What became of the flowerhorn?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Guess that makes sense since they'd probably be chasing down their prey in most cases....It looks like a mask.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Funny how this guy came up with all those exotic foods for his red bellies but never thought to give them something closer to what they would normally eat...unless I missed something.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
Funny how this guy came up with all those exotic foods for his red bellies but never thought to give them something closer to what they would normally eat...unless I missed something.
You don't wanna know what my first shoal 6 years ago ate......

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I'm a little curious but we don't need to give this guy any more ideas.

TheQuarterMile

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2013
India
Real sick! Guess you need to give your RBP some respect rather than feed them food high on the entertainment value.. Well I know many ppl on this forum who are champs with RBP and they have beautiful and healthy fish without feeding the stuff you feed. Guess you seem to be doing it wrong.. Don't believe in flaming someone on a forum but this is just wow!

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
Thats normal for piranhas. Even when they eat smaller fish whole they go tail first, often leaving the head.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
From what I understand they do it so the prey can't escape much like Hydrocynus brevis and some sharks. Since their primary food is fish instinctually they attack from behind(where there's less chance of being seen or bit) and amputate the tail(most fish primary means of locomotion) and eat their way up the body.

cbagaglia

Feeder Fish
Feb 25, 2020
I want everyone to know I just set up a piranha tank, with 7 red bellies, for the sole reason to watch them eat live rodents, literally just to watch them feed, I absolutely love it and reading this thread made my night?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store