red belly piranha information thread

Vanica

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Without a filter yes. But if the power goes out frequently I would buy an air pump with a battery backup so the water stays oxygenated. That's how I lost mine.

rajatariqmustafa15

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2014
Pakistan
not frequently we have load sheding here but right now its good, light sometimes comes for an hour then goes for an hour. but its much better now. but sometimes there are emergencies which causes blackout for 11 hours so can they survive i mean its unexpected. i lost my red tail catfish that way

kevbc03

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2008
Cleveland
look dude I mean no disrespect but if u go online on wikipedia I've been reading.it tells us how to differentiate the sex and I also read on the internet that 5 are perfect for a 100 gallon aquarium. So one makes a it perfect for a 20gallon. You can go and check at least that's what I read.:drool:
#1 - Wikipedia is not a sufficient source. People in the P section have done their homework, have had years and years of experience, and are much more knowledgeable than you think.

#2 - Look up the term Sexually dimorphic. Then look up the terms 'Piranha" and 'Sexually Dimorphic' in sequence.

#3 - Do you think a 7 to 10 inch fish will do well in a 20 gallon? Have you ever seen what that looks like?

- No disrespect, but give us some credit instead of already knowing everything. These people can teach you a thing or two.

Reactions: The-Almighty-Zugs
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store