Red Cherry Shrimp and Goldfish compatible?

Jaketownsend36

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2010
Norfolk, England
Or try large Amano Shrimps?? That could work.

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
diamond*girl;2601049; said:
I know this is an old thread, but hey . . . This is a subject I know about!

I have a heavily planted 70gal fancy goldfish tank - four 5-6" goldies, four Sae's, one BN Pleco.

I threw in a handful of cherry shrimp from my overstocked 10gal. thinking they would make a nice live snack for the goldies. To my surprise they were completely ignored.

This was about 9 mo. ago. There are now millions (!) of shrimp in there. They swim right past the goldies noses while they are eating, even.

I am amazed and pleased because the shrimp now clean up all the food debris that gets caught in the plants and the whole tank is cleaner.

Triton, if you have a source of cheap cherries - go for it! You never know. . .
Wow! I am really impressed by your tank. I'm a fan of orandas. Can you post more pics of your orandas in the coldwater section?:D Would love to see pics of your goldies.

On the other hand, it's basically a hit or miss. My goldies though will not hesitate to eat anything I give them. You're really lucky your goldfish and shrimps coexist together very well against all odds.:thumbsup:

___James___

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2018
In my experience with goldfish, they can be kinda predatory. I have a group that would eat guppies

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store