RED DEVIL VS. UMBEE

bigspizz

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2007
Opiate;1080978; said:
the umbee will move the RD's anal fin to the side and absolutely rape it! and butti's arnt the most agro cich out there! umbee/dovii are neck n neck for top spot!

A beani would "butt rape" those two,...an emperor would .....and so on and so on, we could go on for days. Devils have amazing jaw strength. At a young age it will always own most fish. When the umbee gets its teeth or better yet gets this big.....It will OWN a red devil....(I took this photo from a thread here sorry to the owner just using it for an example....)

untitled 020202020.JPG

Caveman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2005
Washington State
Man that Umbee is a freak and that is why I love it. Nothing compares to a large Dovii or Umbee my last Beani(about 5 years ago) wasnt even on the same playing field as my Dovii when it comes to aggression. I hear Beani are very aggressive during breeding though. I wish someone would breed them to make them available again.

piranhagrowing_guy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2007
l.c
Caveman;1051945; said:
I wouldnt mix them because more then likely one of them will end up dead. There are so many mean ass Cichlids out there it is hard to say which one is the most aggressive but the most aggressive Cichlids I have ever owned were H. fasciatus and P. dovii.

umm i want on google to see wut h. fasciatus was and a lil geko came up :p ????? did you mean smonthing else??

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
telluride91;1068190; said:
we took out the divider two days ago. they ignored each other for a while.. then they locked lips... the umbees jaw is broke or something. and the red devil has a scar right about his lip
What a stupid thing to do, put these two fish together knowing one or both will be destroyed. Why not just give the Red devil away or trade it at the LFS.:confused: :screwy:

One other question, is that you and your friend pictured in your avatar? Somehow I find it real easy to visualize you two sitting in front of the tank making stupid noises and watching while the two fish destroy each other.:screwy: :irked:

cichlaguapote

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2006
Pripyat, Ukraine
bigspizz;1081002; said:
A beani would "butt rape" those two,...an emperor would .....and so on and so on, we could go on for days.
There are always variables. There are points when some of the fish who have the worst attitudes don't and can be vulnerable to a fish that simply doesn't have the reputation of being a killer. So all these vs. posts' are b.s. for the most part. (Not directed at you just general comment)

cookiemonster

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2007
Washington
How was it not your choice? It was your descision to put your RD in the umbees tank, and now both fish are injured. You could have gotten a larger tank for the devil, but instead you decided to make the two fish fight. :irked: :screwy: :(

shamrock

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2006
El Paso
I agree that is cruel You could found it a better home. In my opinion if the umbee was the same size as the RD usually the RD's persistence wins out. However, an umbee and dovii at full size would rip a RD or Butti!!

tydus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
California
Guys obviously this is just guesses. Every fish has their own personalty. Just keep them separate, I think it's kinda dumb to let them quarrel and mess eachother up. Just leave them separated. Who would want an umbee or a Rd with messed up lips, fins. etc? :screwy:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store