Remote deep sand bed for freshwater?

her209

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2010
The Internet
I bought some pool filter sand over the weekend, rinsed it, and placed it into the Sterilite container. Hopefully, that's deep enough. The container didn't bow as much as I thought it would. Now I wait...

DSC01688-resized.jpg

DSC01690-resized.jpg

Danger_Chicken

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2008
Baltimore
her209 - take regular water parameter readings and write them down over the next few months. Keep your stock at the same level and water changes at the same intervals and amount each time. Basically, keep everything as consistant as possible so you can tell how effective it is. And please keep us updated.

her209

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2010
The Internet
Danger_Chicken;4514614; said:
her209 - take regular water parameter readings and write them down over the next few months. Keep your stock at the same level and water changes at the same intervals and amount each time. Basically, keep everything as consistant as possible so you can tell how effective it is. And please keep us updated.
I have floating plants so that may skew the results a bit.

her209

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2010
The Internet
I bought some California Blackworms (at least I think that's what they are) from the LFS and threw them into the DSB. The cories are pretty efficient at picking them out of the sand bed though.

'vspec'

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2010
Melbourne
yup, its an all you can eat buffet.

If their not consumed already, your worms should be able to transverse easier in that size, sugar fine its not chance in hell.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store