REVIEW:Fluval FX5 vs Eheim Pro3 compared

dreamlover

Feeder Fish
Aug 21, 2010
Singapore
vfrstephen;4408496; said:
I clean them every 8 weeks or so, no never changed the seal.
In Singapore, a main lid seal approximately 10-12% of eheim pro2 & 2080. Have not check ed FX5 seal price.

Any idea how much your location ?

Jonnyakawombell

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2010
durham
great review helped loads, in the end I went for the fx5, to be honest mainly due to the price difference and the store threw in the media free of charge, got the lot for 160 pounds total bargain ive had it in my 8x2x2 tank for 2 weeks now and its been fantastic so far, it also deals with messy eaters like my dovii and jag a treat, great filter.

Ace30

Feeder Fish
May 2, 2007
Cyprus
Actually I am beetween the RENA Filstar XP4 and Fluval FX5 and I am looking such a comparison if there is any

taksan

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2005
There is no comparison between a XP4 and a Fluval FX5 ... the FX5 would kill the XP4 on performance, maintenance and noise. the XP4 depending on media setup might have the edge in mature biological performance with the emphasis on "might".

plecostic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 17, 2011
USA
I'm so sick of canister filter reviews, everyone of them is bias towards personal like. The bottom line is an HOB filter does just as good a job as any canister filter. The more I psychoanalyze the filtration concept, the more I'm convinced that the companies who make these canisters are out to fool everyone with their rocket science "ours is better" canister propaganda. There are only three basic elements to a filter, a sponge and some bio-media and a pump. Seriously, I am amazed at how simple it really is. The AquaClear filter for example, it doesn't get much better. I can turn my beast of a canister off today and be set with only the AquaClear. The whole we need more biological madness craze is nonsense. The truth is you need very little bio-media to keep a tank cycled, what else is left but a couple of sponges ? It too me a few seconds to rinse sponge and put back wow talk about easy maintenance. I"m seriously thinking about getting rid of my canister and just get another AC110 for double the filtration, not that I would need it with just one. The only thing I don't like about the AC is the intake tube setup, I don't like it, could be better. I think the HOB design could be made more user-friendly and it could be made to outperform all canisters combined. Fish keepers should get off the latest canister band wagon, it's a fools gig. Let's keep it simple stupid, really simple.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store