Rio Mag umbee pair

Brandonclark88

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2017
First time I've ever owned an umbee... pretty stoked! Picked these 2 up from a member on here last night. Male is about 9" and the female is around 6". Female is starting to show some spawning behavior towards the male. One of the few cichlids I've owned that so far the female is more outgoing and less skittish than the male. Owned them for less than 24 hours though so hopefully he comes out of his shell.

IMG_4859.JPG

IMG_4870.JPG

IMG_4877.JPG

Brandonclark88

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2017
Thank you! And I'm hoping so. The female already chases my finger at the glass lol. Looking forward to these guys growing up and this male to thicken up!

Reactions: juddb

Justin Holland

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2016
MARYLAND
Nice pick up!! As mentioned, you will really enjoy this species. Pay attention to behavior and have a strong divider on hand. Male or female can be quite vicious and it doesn't take but a few minutes for one to kill the other.

Reactions: MP_cichlid

Brandonclark88

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2017
What a beautiful fish! I'm excited for these 2 to come into their own and watch them grow. I have a crate style divider ready if they need it. Owned breeding pairs of dovii and other large aggressive ca/sa so I'm really interested to see how these guys stack up personality wise. That and its hard to beat the colors / patterns on the males.

Reactions: Justin Holland
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store