RIP Redtail Catfish

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
I agree, I would not buy one again. Unless you have a literal pond of thousands of gallons, red tail cats should not be in the aquarium trade, it is a shame that they are so readily available when barely anyone can take care of them.

the big kahuna

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2007
new york city
It really disturbs me to continuously read these types of threads. With so much information readily available through our smart phones and tablets, it amazes me that this still happens. To hear people say "I'm going to move them into a bigger tank" most of the time the "bigger" tank is still not enough. Moving a RTC from a 50 gallon to a POSSIBLE 125 or even 300 gallon is cruel. To the OP, there's a wealth of knowledge on this site alone and I challenge you to start a thread in the future asking opinions for future fish/tank size compatibility BEFORE you buy anything else. Lastly don't count on "getting" a larger tank for future Monster fish, wait to you already have the Monster tank before buying the larger fish. Anything can happen that may delay or even prevent you from getting a bigger tank, then the fish has to suffer.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store