Riparium setup with Synodontis petricola

hydrophyte

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2009
Madison, Wisconsin
I got the 50-gallon into position and here it is with water in it. It's a little bit more than 2/3 full. I applied a black painted background just to the portion that will be below water.

I like the shape of this aquarium better than the 65-gallon. The shorter 50 gives me a real nice view down through the top of the tank.

shiv

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2006
india
Looks nice.

All the Best.

hydrophyte

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2009
Madison, Wisconsin
Thanks very much.

I ahve made a little more headway. Here it is with gravel, filter and heater.

The Fluval 205 does not have especially strong flow. i might also add a small Koralia.

TwistedPenguin

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
Oklahoma
Wow! It borders right on sacred, doesn't it? lol I got a Petricola Cat a few wks ago that I'm really enjoying the heck out of. He's so pretty and so very active. Really livens things up. Good luck with the tank. It's looks wonderful!

hydrophyte

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2009
Madison, Wisconsin
Yeah they are just about the most attractive aquarium fish that I have ever seen. I have heard a few opinions that my fish are more likely actually S. lucipinnis, which is very similar to petricola but grows to a somewhat smaller size.

Last night I got rocks into the tank too.

uncwnells

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2008
Wilmington, NC
wow thats beautiful, do you have any concerns about removing the top lid and brace?

hydrophyte

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2009
Madison, Wisconsin
Hoyo12;3697124; said:
Great project!
I see that you are also from WI. Where did you order your Catfish from? Unless you mentioned it already and I missed it.
Good luck with the tank. ;)
I got them from a seller on AquariaCentral.com who was from somewhere near Chicago. They were really well-packed and arrived in perfect shape. I can go look up their information if you would like.

uncwnells;3697149; said:
wow thats beautiful, do you have any concerns about removing the top lid and brace?
I think that this will be OK. There are several inches of seem above the waterline to help hold the tank together and it is a pretty shallow tank anyway. I noticed only a tiny amount of glass deflection when I filled it.

Columbian Shark Catfish;3697185; said:
Looks amazing so far! Keep it up!
Thanks a bunch!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store