rose queen hybrid rarity

Fishkeeper94

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2019
thats why i like using a midevil vs a vieja cause 90% of them will peel from what ive seen but yea as u can see u have all diff body shapes there.the insanity level with em is off the charts though..most aggressive fingerlings ive ever seen
I agree with on the aggression but for the most part these guys are pretty mellow I have a small female convict that keeps them in check lol but the largest one that I got from this first batch was so aggressive I had to keep him by himself because he was picking off his siblings most aggressive fry I have ever breed

Fishkeeper94

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2019
Man there's a few in there that I really like. This will be my first attempt and will be strictly for my own pleasure with what I have. Thanks for the Info bud
You will not be disappointed I have 2 batches and they all have different patterns which make them unique

Apollyeon

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2019
I agree with on the aggression but for the most part these guys are pretty mellow I have a small female convict that keeps them in check lol but the largest one that I got from this first batch was so aggressive I had to keep him by himself because he was picking off his siblings most aggressive fry I have ever breed
the parents of mine were pretty mellow for the most part,,had to find a midevil that wouldnt completely wreck the parrot i had..only regrets was that parrot was really old so the egg batches were small,,managed to get another parrot thats pretty dark red and paired her with that exact same male i had used last time except hes much bigger and more violent now of course,,day of a divider and they were finally paired off..she laid eggs today and just pulled the male out i think im going to leave her in with them as long as possible. side note messing with parrots so much i can finally accurately sex them without venting for the most part just looking at the body shape,,picked the 3 females i have at the store without venting

Reactions: Fishkeeper94

Theos.dad

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2021
srd x vieja i believe this is the start of a low grade kamfa
That is what I'd read but wanted to verify. And I'm guessing to go from low grade kamfa to high would be line breeding for better pearls and sleeker bodies to fit the kamfa criteria?

Reactions: Apollyeon

Apollyeon

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2019
That is what I'd read but wanted to verify. And I'm guessing to go from low grade kamfa to high would be line breeding for better pearls and sleeker bodies to fit the kamfa criteria?
or take the best 2 looking ones u get and x em with each other. i believe the original way a kamfa is made is breeding a srd into a red syns. you can potentially produce some faders if u were to cross with a parrot. better quality breeders will yield better results of course

Fishkeeper94

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2019
the parents of mine were pretty mellow for the most part,,had to find a midevil that wouldnt completely wreck the parrot i had..only regrets was that parrot was really old so the egg batches were small,,managed to get another parrot thats pretty dark red and paired her with that exact same male i had used last time except hes much bigger and more violent now of course,,day of a divider and they were finally paired off..she laid eggs today and just pulled the male out i think im going to leave her in with them as long as possible. side note messing with parrots so much i can finally accurately sex them without venting for the most part just looking at the body shape,,picked the 3 females i have at the store without venting
Keep updated of the fry when they hatch are you going after a kkp or a mammon

Apollyeon

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2019
Keep updated of the fry when they hatch are you going after a kkp or a mammon
mammon is just a high grade of kkp either or would work but have a feeling it will be just be more rose queens mostly which is fine. should have free swimmers in a week most likely just gonna leave the parrot in there with them. the midevil roughed her up pretty good during prespawn,can see some scales missing she looks in good shape for the most part...the midevils are so hard on their mates its always the most stressful time

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store