RTC and TSN Information

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Agree. Mother is a TSN, most likely Pseudoplatystoma fasciatum, father is a Marbled Pim, most likely Leiarius marmoratus. Second most common food hybrid in SA. We get the refuse from the farming.

Reactions: Matteus

PQuantock

Feeder Fish
Feb 27, 2017
Thanks for your help I wasn't too sure what the cross might be and couldn't find much information online.

Tikol28

Feeder Fish
Mar 24, 2017
Ever since I started in the hobby I've always stuck with arowanas and cichlids. But I have a buddy who got me hooked on cats. So I'm still learning about them. @ my lfs they were selling brownish red colored ten. My friends tsn isn't that color. So my question is do they change colors as they age?

ShanerBock888

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2016
Warwick, NY
yes they change in appearance very drastically. They start out primarily brown and they gradually get lighter and their spots start turning to stripes around 5-6". Their stripes become more and more prominent as they get more silvery

Tikol28

Feeder Fish
Mar 24, 2017
Oh ok thanks for the info picked one up this morning. It's about 3in or so I have him at a 55 gal grow out tank once its big enough I'll put him in my 350gal with my arowana

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store