RTC and TSN Information

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
There are TSN born like that, especially on the farms. Looks like a typical TSN farm cull which is pretty much all we get in the trade.

Taxonomists do not agree on the number of TSN species but I am not aware of any subspecies in that genus. Lacking eyes doesn't make any fish a subspecies.

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA

Krazy Kal

Feeder Fish
Sep 17, 2017
I have a RTC who is starting to worry me. He doesn't want to eat and is just sitting on the bottom of the tank most of the time. Sometimes, he'll go upside down until I touch him. My ph level is 6.0 and there is no ammonia or nitrites. I have done a 30% water change recently and have also cleaned the filters. He is in a 220 gallon tank with 2 other RTC and a pleco. I'm just worried I'm going to lose my buddy.

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
I have a RTC who is starting to worry me. He doesn't want to eat and is just sitting on the bottom of the tank most of the time. Sometimes, he'll go upside down until I touch him. My ph level is 6.0 and there is no ammonia or nitrites. I have done a 30% water change recently and have also cleaned the filters. He is in a 220 gallon tank with 2 other RTC and a pleco. I'm just worried I'm going to lose my buddy.
https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/can-someone-help-me-please.693222/

ygwilliam

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2017
California
Does anybody know if t is legal to keep RTC in California? I have tried reading the legal species list of California documents but all the scientific names confuse me and I’m still unsure if they are legal to keep the in California?

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Does anybody know if t is legal to keep RTC in California? I have tried reading the legal species list of California documents but all the scientific names confuse me and I’m still unsure if they are legal to keep the in California?
I've never heard of this but it doesn't mean there isn't a ban. You'd have better luck posting your question in the General Aquaria Discussion section.

Loco Lucas

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2018
Belgrade Montana
So Bad Cat... my oldest RTC is about 26 inches long now. I feed him by hand... mainly fish, shrimp, chicken. I only feed him about every 4 to 5 days. Not large meals either. He was 3/4 of an inch long when I first picked him up. It has been nearly 2 and a half years now. I have 2 others, they are growing fast but hate each other. I had a TSN hybrid with Bad Cat but "Black Hole" turned into a bully. Tries to kill and eat everything. No rhyme or reason to it. Including air stones.
So... the hybrid lives by himself in a 125 gallon tank. Quarantine is what I call it. He is quite large, but has no issue turning around. Bad Cat on the other hand lives in a 300 gallon trough. Is quite happy and comes up to greet me daily. Acts different if hungry though. Lives with a few oscars.... an irridenent shark that's about 24 inches long and now a small pleco and Black shark. The black shark was supposed to be food for Bad Cat... well, they are buddies. The black shark will sleep on top of Bad Cat... crazy...
Last night, Bad Cat killed the large pleco that was living with him. Large means 20 inches.... they had been together for over a year. So perhaps Bad Cat is in a killing mood again. This has been the signal of another growth spurt in the past.
Once Bad Cat out grows this 300, I am getting a 1200 gallon tank. Add another Fluval FX6 to the system and set up a 55 gallon wet dry filter that will over flow back into the tank. Hoping that is in another year. Hahhahaa

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store