RTC vs Tiger Shovelnose

pendog66

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2008
ohio
www.youtube.com
ok i have a couple questions here, i have a RTC who is about 6-8 inches long, he eats bloodworm, baked chicken, goldfish basically anything he can get his mouth on. But he is also very lazy, he only swims around at night during the day he likes to lay underneathe a wood piece that forks into the the rocks. Should i be worried about him just laying around all day???

Question 2

I was thinking about getting a tiger shovelnose catfish but unfortunately the largest fish they have is only 4 inches long, and in my experience anything small than the RTC he eats it...... should i not even try?????

heres some pics from when i first got him unfortunately the picture are terrible in quality.

RTC.jpg

RTC 2.jpg

Onion01

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2007
Miami
the rtc will try to eat it unfortunately. BTW, don't feed your fish baked chicken, it's loaded with nitrites and nitrates, and the nutrients have been baked out. It's unhealthy. Also, the two cats you are talking about are two of the biggest monsters in the aquaria world. What tank size do you have for these guys? Hopefully 500g or more

Muske

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2007
Mundelein IL
Cats hiding by day is totally normal. A small TSN w/ a RTC is a gamble.

pendog66

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2008
ohio
www.youtube.com
basslover34;1675664; said:
not a gamble... it's not going to turn out well LOL (Mine all made it, because my RTC was on a hunger strike when they were with him LOL)

lol if i can get this 55 gallon back up and running i might try to grow the tiger shovelnose in there for a while then move him, but with how agressive and territorial the green sunfish is im afraid he might kill em. lol hes the small fish in the tank but is definately the meanest. A couple weeks ago he wouldnt eat worms so i went and got feeders for the oscars and the green sunfish would attack and just kill the fish then spit them back out lol. hes a mean lil guy :nutkick: lol

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
that RTC looks around 4''-5'' it would be fine with a 4'' TSN its normal for them them to loaf around alot they roam more when they get bigger or are hungry

TLkmDN

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia/Perth, Australia
i think u can do it! ive always kept bigger RTCS with smaller TSNs...as long as u feed them VERY well..there shouldnt be incident. also feed them everyday...twice a day if u have to...justg keep both their stomachs full..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store